Nuffic Scholarships at the Hague Academy for Local Governance 2021, Netherlands (Fully Funded)Deadline: 29th September 2020
Nuffic scholarships are available for short courses at The Hague Academy for Local Governance.These scholarships seek to develop and strengthen the skills and abilities of professionals, in order to enable their organisations and communities to succeed in an ever-changing world. The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs funds the Nuffic Scholarship programme.
The Nuffic Scholarships for short courses at The Hague Academy (OKP, MSP and StuNed) cover the tuition fee, return flights (from an international airport to Amsterdam), insurance, and accommodation, in addition to a small Daily Subsistence Allowance.
- Inclusive Service Delivery and the SDGs: In this course, participants learn how local governments can plan, finance and deliver services to their citizens in an effective and inclusive way.
- Citizen Participation and Inclusive Governance: In this course you will learn how to involve citizens and marginalised groups in local policy and decision making processes and how to improve accountability from governments to their citizens.
- Climate Adaptation and Local Resilience: This course discusses smart solutions, sustainable policies and financial tools for local authorities to adapt to climate change and increase their climate resilience.
- Local Economic Development: This course discusses how local authorities, together with stakeholders, can develop strategies for inclusive and sustainable economic development and promote a conducive business environment.
- Urban Governance: Resilient and Smart Cities: This course discusses how local authorities, together with city planners, practitioners and citizens, can develop inclusive, sustainable and smart strategies for enhancing cities’ resilience.
- There is no age limit.
- The candidate must be a national of, and working and living in one of the following countries on OKP country list.
- The candidate must not be employed by an organisation that has its own means of staff development, for example:
– multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft),
– large national and/or large commercial organisations,
– bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs,FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid),
– multilateral donor organisations, (e.g. a UN organisation, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB),
– international NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care);
- The candidate must have a current Employer Statement according to the prescribed Nuffic Format. All the requested segments must be completed.
- The Employer Statement must be scanned with the original signature AND stamp of the organisation, and preferably on official letterhead of the organisation.