The One Young World Summit, Munich, 23-26 April
The annual One Young World Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. Delegates from 190+ countries are counselled by influential political, business and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Paul Polman and Meghan Markle, amongst many other global figures.
Delegates participate in four transformative days of speeches, panels, networking and workshops. All delegates have the opportunity to apply to give keynote speeches, sharing a platform with world leaders with the world’s media in attendance. As well as listening to keynote speakers, delegates have the opportunity to challenge world leaders, interact and be mentored by influencers. Delegates make lasting connections throughout the Summit, celebrating their participation at social events and the unforgettable Opening and Closing Ceremonies.
The Summit will take place from 23 – 26 April 2021, where over 1,800 young leaders from 190+ countries will gather across the city’s well-known venues, including Olympiapark, Olympiahalle, and BMW Welt.
One Young World’s arrival in Munich represents a significant moment for the Bavarian capital, renowned for its mixture as a traditional and cosmopolitan city. Munich is famous for its broad variety of culture and leisure opportunities, its high internationality and quality of living.
The City has become a fast-growing centre for knowledge, research and innovation: multinational companies, SMEs and startups working in the field of digitization such as Internet of Things, Insurtech or Future Mobility have made Munich their home. Moreover, more than 120,000 students are enrolled at 17 universities and various world-class technology and science centres are located here.
One Young World strives to identify the most impactful young leaders from every country in the world. Many One Young World delegates are top performing professionals, sent to attend the Summit by forward thinking managers who see the need for talent development. Scholarships provide the opportunity for exceptional young people to attend on the merit of their proven leadership and ability to create change in their home country.
How to attend the Summit?
- Attend with a partner organisation
- Attend independently
- Attend on a scholarship: A range of scholarships are available to enable individuals who are not supported by partners to participate in the Summit. Visit our Scholarships page to see if you are eligible for any current opportunities.
- Ambassadors are eligible to attend each One Young World Summit as a Returning Ambassador for a discounted fee.
One Young World will provide confirmed delegates who require visas with letters of invitation in order to support their visa applications. One Young World cannot guarantee any delegate that their visa application will be successful.
If selected, the candidates will be provided with the following benefits.
- Full access to the Summit,
- Catering during the Summit days, accommodation (shared, private or no accommodation – depending on the chosen package)
Ground transport between Summit venues.
Also, one will get-
- Unparalleled international networking opportunity with the most outstanding young people from around the world
- Opportunity to learn effective employee retention strategy
- Proven talent development platform where delegates often lead to incredible discoveries of talent
- Partners sending delegates will have some benefits and it will vary with the number of delegates.
The applicants are required to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30 at the time of the Summit
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate the capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas