AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship for International Students in the US
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship aims to increase educational access and opportunity while promoting international diversity. This initiative combines academic excellence, leadership development, and global engagement, bringing out the best in the AU. The AU Emerging Global Leader should also be an achiever, an inspiration, and a visionary who commits to making positive civic and social changes. They will return to their home country to improve under-resourced and underserved communities.
The AU EGL scholarship pays for tuition, room, and board for one international student on an F-1 or J-1 visa. The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses like health insurance and books, and they cost around $4,000 per year.
The AU EGL scholarship is renewable for four years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance. Students interested in all majors offered at AU are eligible to apply.
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship aims to provide educational opportunities to individuals from diverse backgrounds. This will also help emerging leaders to become successful through inspiring vision and service. Academic excellence, leadership development, and global engagement. The AU EGL will promote positive change in their communities. They will also return home to support under-resourced and underserved areas in their home country. You can get to know our inspiring current AU Emerging Global Leader Scholars and recent EGLS alumni.
Eligibility for the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
- Diverse and underrepresented international students who have overcome various challenges.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent out of 4.0 GPA (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- Commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service, and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with one of the following:
- 95+ TOEFL iBT (all sub-scores must be 20 or above)
- Sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after May 31, 2017)
- 7.0+ IELTS (all sub-scores must be 6.0 or above)
- 33 minimum SAT Reading sub-score
- 29 minimum ACT English
- 65 minimum PTE
- 125+ Duolingo (all subscores must be 115 or above)
- Cambridge Assessment English score of 185 or higher. Each sub-score must be 169 or higher.
- Students who are currently studying in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2024.
- Important: Students in the IB system should plan to graduate with a full IB diploma with at least 3 HL subjects. Students studying in the British A-Levels system must complete at least 3 A levels and finish 13 years of study before August 2024.
You are NOT eligible to apply if:
- You are a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, U.S. pending permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another country.
- You currently study in or have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States.
- You graduated from secondary school earlier than 2022.
Deadline: 15 December 2023
You can also visit the official website of the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship for more information.