University of Pretoria MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2023
The University of Pretoria (UP) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation (MCF) is currently offering scholarships. The scholarships are for high achieving African students interested in studying at postgraduate levels, starting in January 2023.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) targets academically talented young people in Africa. They will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values evidenced by their leadership. Community service and internships are also essential components of the Program. It is a full scholarship to students who have provisionally gained admission to study towards a postgraduate degree at UP. Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is a 10-year, $500 million global initiative. The initiative is to educate and develop next generation leaders who will contribute to social and economic transformation. The Program also enables young people to transition to further education or careers in their home countries.
ALSO APPLY FOR:
- Candidates should be citizens from Africa.
- Applicants should also come from low economic backgrounds and show financial neediness.
- Candidates should also show leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project, e.g. in a community, at school, church, etc
- Academic excellence is also paramount, and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
Postgraduate Study Programmes
- Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities for entry into the BPolSci (Political Studies or International Studies only)
They will accept honours and Masters degree applications in the fields of engineering (continuing students only).
THERE ARE NO PhD SCHOLARSHIPS.
What the Scholarship Covers
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation in a UP residence
- Books and printed material
- A modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid
- Travel costs (one return trip for the duration of the study period)
- Cost of one visa application for the duration of the study period.