British Council GREAT Scholarships for postgraduate studies in the UK
The British Council GREAT Scholarships offers scholarships from UK universities, across a variety of subjects for students from 18 countries.
Each scholarship is worth a minimum of £10,000 towards tuition fees for a one-year taught postgraduate course.
The funding for the scholarship is by the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign as well as the British Council with participating UK higher education institutions.
As part of this programme, all GREAT scholars will get an invite to a welcome event in the first semester and also a networking event in the second semester.
Applications for the 2022-23 academic year are open.
For the 2022-23 academic year there are ten postgraduate scholarships available at the following institutions. You can visit the university page below for more and also get information on how to apply:
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Imperial College London
- Keele University
- University of Bristol
- University of Derby
- The University of Kent
- University of Manchester
- University of Surrey
- The University of York
GREAT Scholarships for justice and law
For the 2022-23 academic year there are three justice and law scholarships available at the following institutions. You can visit the university page below for more and also get information on how to apply:
APPLY ALSO FOR: Schwarzman Scholars Program 2023 at Tsinghua University, China
What are we looking for in a GREAT scholar?
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of Egypt, Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria.
- Have an undergraduate degree, have a lot of motivation, and also have an interest in the proposed subject area
- Meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI
- Establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- Be willing to attend a networking event of all UK based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and also capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- Be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and their HEI and also act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships
- As an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about his or her own experience of studying in the UK
You can also visit the official website of the British Council GREAT Scholarships here.