DLR-DAAD Research Fellowships 2020 in Germany (Fully Funded)
‘DLR – DAAD Research Fellowships’ is a programme implemented by the German Aerospace Center (DLR) and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
DLR is Germany´s national research center for aeronautics and space. Its extensive research and development work in Aeronautics, Space, Transportation and Energy is integrated into national and international cooperative ventures. As Germany´s space agency, DLR has been given responsibility for the forward planning and the implementation of the German space program by the German federal government as well as for the international representation of German interests. Approximately 8,300 people plus approx. 400 visiting scientists are employed in DLR´s 40 institutes and facilities at 20 locations in Germany.
This special programme is intended for highly-qualified foreign doctoral and postdoctoral students as well as senior scientists from the fields of Aeronautics, Space, Transportation, and Energy. DLR-DAAD Fellowships offer outstanding scientists and researchers the opportunity to conduct special research at the institutes of the DLR in Germany.
Please note that within the DLR-DAAD programme, you cannot apply for a university or another institution, only for a DLR institute.
DLR-DAAD Fellowships are defined and awarded on an individual basis. Each Fellowship announcement will indicate the specific qualification requirements and terms of the visit. The current offers are published under DLR-DAAD Fellowships – Current Offers.
Fellowship Value (as of 1.1.2019)
- Type A: Monthly Instalment of 1,760 Euros and possible additional payments for flat-rate travel allowance, health insurance, family allowances
- Type B: Monthly Instalment of 2,400 Euros and no possible additional payments
- Type C: Monthly Instalment of 2,760 Euros and no possible additional payments
At the time of their application, applicants for a DLR-DAAD Fellowship must
- not be of German nationality,
- be able to prove their outstanding study or research achievements in the field of research corresponding to the fellowship offer,
- Type A: have completed their studies or research with a university degree not more than six years ago,
Type B: have completed their studies with a doctorate/PhD/Candidate (Russia) not more than two years ago,
Type C: applicants must be working in higher education or at a research institute; positions are open to outstandingly-qualified academics and scientists who should generally hold a doctorate/Ph.D., additional prerequisites may differ and are stated in the fellowship offers,
- have an excellent knowledge of English; knowledge of German is advantageous.
The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal.