World Innovators Summit for Education (WISE) Prize for Education
The WISE Prize for Education is recognising individuals or teams for their outstanding contribution to education, and their resolve to develop an idea or grow their initiative further. The WISE Prize for Education celebrates and shares the laureate’s vision in building the future of education by providing the Laureate(s) tailored support over two years to scale their impact.
The Laureate(s) will receive US $ 500,000 cash prize dedicated to continuing their work in education, and a medal.
The WISE Prize is not a grant scheme aimed at supporting new projects or organization. The prize is aimed at recognizing the accomplishment of an individual or team in education. And their potential in shaping the future of education.
Nominations for WISE Prize
The 2021 WISE Prize for Education selection process only accepts nominations. Self-nominations will not be considered.
Potential WISE Prize for Education candidates can be researchers, education practitioners, policy makers, organization leaders and can belong to any education sector such as early childhood education, K-12, higher education, vocational training, differently abled development, informal education, distance-based learning, education technology and lifelong learning.
Nominees for the WISE Prize for Education can be from any part of the world, if they meet the criteria.
- The nominator must be an individual and not an organization. The nominator can also be working with the nominee, part of their community, one of the nominee’s end beneficiaries or have no relationship with the nominee.
- Fill out the nomination form and should know the nominee’s work very well.
- Can fill out the nomination form without informing or asking for information from the nominee. The nominator can also request information from the nominee to fill the form.
- The nominator should provide the needed contact information, in case the WISE team would like to contact the nominator for further details.
The same nominators may submit several nominations for different individuals or team.
The WISE Prize for Education recognizes an individual or a team for an outstanding contribution to education. The achievements of the nominated individual or team should have had a significant and lasting impact upon education at any level and should demonstrate an inspiring and visionary approach. The nominee(s) should meet the following criteria:
- Commitment to Education: The nominee(s) has proven a continuous commitment to addressing education challenge(s) locally or internationally
- Positive Systemic Innovation: the nominee(s) is a catalyst for systemic change by creating innovative solutions to local or international education challenge(s).
- Leadership: the vision of the nominee(s) is not only innovative but contextually challenges the status quo. The nominee(s) is the driving force behind the project/organization not simply the director. The nominee has the energy and aspiration to continue growing the impact of his or her work.
- Sustainable Impact: the contribution of the nominee(s) generates positive and sustainable impact in the lives of the targeted beneficiaries. Shortlisted nominee(s) must clearly outline how the WISE Prize for Education will optimize, grow and scale their impact.