University of Sydney International Strategic Scholarship
Applications are open for the University of Sydney International Strategic Scholarship for high quality international postgraduate students who wish to enrol in or are currently enrolled in a research degree.
This scholarship is funded by the University of Sydney and provides tuition fees offset and stipend to high quality international postgraduate students.
- Full tuition fees as set by the University of Sydney.
- Reimbursement of VISA application fee.
- The cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the student. The policy duration will be for the course duration at the time of award, and it will be organised by the University. Policy purchased by the student will not be reimbursed.
- Holders of the Scholarship may not concurrently hold another scholarship that provides support for tuition fees.
For 2020 awards, the scholarship is valued at $35,000 per annum.
- be a commencing or enrolled international student
- have an outstanding record of academic achievement and research potential
- have an unconditional offer of admission or be currently enrolled in a master’s by research or PhD at the University of Sydney.
About the University of Sydney
The University of Sydney has a history of thinking forward, shaping change and improving lives from its foundation.
The founding principle as Australia’s first university was that it would be a modern and progressive institution. It’s an ideal the university still hold dear today.
When William Charles Wentworth proposed the idea of Australia’s first university in 1850, he imagined “the opportunity for the child of every class to become great and useful in the destinies of this country”.
The University of Sydney has stayed true to that original value and purpose by promoting inclusion and diversity for the past 160 years.
It’s the reason that, as early as 1881, women were admitted on an equal footing to male students. Oxford University didn’t follow suit until 30 years later, and Jesus College at Cambridge University did not begin admitting female students until 1974.
It’s also why, from the very start, talented students of all backgrounds were given the chance to access further education through bursaries and scholarships.
Today the University also offer hundreds of scholarships to support and encourage talented students, and a range of grants and bursaries to those who need a financial helping hand.
For more information, visit official website for the scholarship here.